Thursday 12 September 2013

Poetry Week 2013 - Come, Come, Whoever You Are by Rumi

From Brigid:
Over the years, I have shifted house many times.  As a former librarian, I am good at weeding out bookshelves.  As, in my later life, my homes have got smaller space has been a real issue.  So what I am down to now is what I consider the barest of bare essentials --- perhaps.  Among these books that I consider spiritually valuable are the Essential Rumi - translations by Coleman Barks with John Moyne and Essential Sufism - edited by James Fadiman & Robert Frager. If, having been fascinated by the meditative and mystical poem below, you want to read more of Rumi, please go here.  Each year in Melbourne the Mevlevi Order hold a Remembrance of Rumi which is a wonderful meditative experience complete with whirling dervishes.  To find out more about Sufism and the Mevlevi Order - one of a number of Orders within Sufism - please go here.  For more serious delving, one of the best known of the writers of Sufism is Idries Shah.  Please go here for bio and a booklist.

Come, Come, Whoever You Are

Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow


a thousand times

Come, yet again, come, come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beside The Creek does not accept Anonymous comment. All comments are moderated.