Monday 14 August 2017

Crowd funding - Muslim style - comes to Gaza and its communities.

During a workshop in Gaza city, I talked about my success on the
LaunchGood funding platform and the impact which I made in the community.
I was invited by a local charity association.

For a long time now, I have been a Facebook Friend of Walid Mahmoud. Walid lives in Gaza - a very troubled place, a teeny-weeny strip of land in the world caught between two competing Palestinian political factions, the Israeli Government and the West Bank Jewish Settlers.  It is not a placid place. It is a place to test your survival skills each and every day.

So I am pleased to hear of Walid's initiative and wish him well and hope that it is able to bring brightness into the lives of down-on-the-ground Palestinians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beside The Creek does not accept Anonymous comment. All comments are moderated.