Jews, Christians & Muslims seeking interaction and dialogue with one another in a safe environment are invited to attend the JCMA Winter Conference on the theme "Faith and Society".
Date: Sunday 2.00pm 6th August – 5.30pm 7th August
Venue: St Paul's Retreat Centre, Norton's Lane, Wantirna South
For more information Click here
Why a JCMA Conference?
JCMA was established in 2004 to
(a) to draw together members of the Abrahamic faiths in mutual respect, seeking to appreciate each other and to heal ancient wounds, pledging mutual support in times of stress and engaging in dialogue in all its aspects;
(b) to organise conferences and other activities for the purpose of learning about each other’s faith, of sharing personal experience, and of discussing issues of concern within their own faith communities and within the broader society.
The Annual JCMA Conference is modelled on the annual residential conference of Jews, Christians and Muslims in Europe and is supported by major religious institutions within each faith community.
The conference is held in a relaxing environment conducive to both personal reflection and warm, open meetings and discussions.
Who is it for?
• JCMA conferences are intended for people of all ages who are members of one of the three Abrahamic faith communities, Judaism, Christianity and Islam and is supported by major religious institutions within each faith community.
• Participants include men and women, young and old, lay and clergy, academics and students, and those working in community or welfare roles.
• All participants are asked to agree to the JCMA Principles of Dialogue http://jcma.org.au/
• All participants, speakers and discussion group leaders are asked to attend the full conference from 2pm on Sunday 6 August to 5:30 pm on Monday 7 August. For most participants this will include residential accommodation overnight.
• Anyone who subscribes to the aims and purpose of the conference are encouraged to register their interest, but registration of interest does not guarantee a place in the conference. Final place offers will be made by the Conference Committee.
Registration of Interest
1. If you would like to attend the 2017 JCMA Winter Conference, we ask that you apply by filling in a “registration of interest” online at https://
jcmawinterconference2017. eventbrite.com.au/ before the closing date of Monday July 24.
2. The Conference Planning Committee will review each registration of interest before offering a place in the Conference to the selected applicants
3. When you are notified that your application to attend has been approved, you will receive an email directing you to an Eventbrite site where you can pay the Conference fee of $160.
4. Further details of the event and the program will then be provided by email.
You can call Ginette Everest 0n 03 9287 5590 for more information.
Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia (JCMA)
JCMA relies on the goodwill of volunteers and the generosity of our donors.
Donations are tax deductible. Please go to JCMA Donation to make a donation.
Usual Working days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
Address: 383 Albert St., East Melbourne Vic 3002
( (03) 9287 5590 / Mobile: 0400 211 221